About the organisation
The Ralsko Geopark is a public benefit society that controls the Ralsko National Geopark.
The Ralsko Geopark is in essence a specific geopark. It is predominantly situated in the territorial unit of a single municipality (it comprises the entire cadastre of the town of Ralsko, and part of the cadastre of the towns of Doksy and Hamr na Jezeře). It is located on the former Ralsko military training site, which covers a total area of approx. 294 km2.
RALSKO GEOPARK IN DATES
- 2013 - establishment of the management entity Ralsko Geopark o.p.s., awarded the statute of a candidate geopark
- 2016 - granted the Ralsko National Geopark certificate and membership of the National Council of Geoparks of the Czech Republic
MOTTO OF THE RALSKO GEOPARK
The main motto of the Ralsko
Geopark is "A barrier-free landscape of former villages, iron ore and
sandstone rocks", which covers the main natural and cultural phenomena of
the area. The term barrier-free means that the area is open to people of all
ages and social categories and that the territory is preserved for the general
public as part of sustainable tourism. The relief of the area is ideal for seeing
the landscape from all different angles and the terrain is easy enough to be
accessible to visitors with limited mobility.
Our mission is based on the National Geoparks Charter and the principles of sustainable development. We strive to promote the environmentally-friendly development of the region based on the protection of natural and cultural values. To promote the economic development of the region based on environmentally-friendly tourism and positive presentation. To promote the social development of the region based on awareness and education.
MAIN PROGRAMME BRANCHES
- Protection of natural and cultural values, research and monitoring
- Interpretation of local heritage, education and enlightenment
- Development of environmentally-friendly tourism (geotourism), promotion of the region
- Collaboration in regional development